Tuesday 7 April 2009

Michelle's confirmation

my mom, my sister Anika and my niece Michelle


Michelle and her mom



My mom, Michelle and my aunt Anni


The entire group with priest






Michelle and priest van der Laan




The reason I went to Germany was my niece's confirmation ceremony on 05 April 2009. Now Michelle is officially a full member of the Christian Protestant Church.

A church service on Sunday morning including the confirmation ritual concluded Michelle's approval. 21 young teens have now become full members of the Jemgum Christian Church. Jemgum is the little village Michelle, her mom and dad, and also my parents live. Jemgum lies along a river called Ems in the northwestern part of Germany close to the dutch border.

The church service was followed by a family lunch, coffee and cake in the afternoon and finally a barbeque to complete the entire day.

Michelle got loads of presents and money which is the usual to be given on confirmation day.

No comments:

Post a Comment